Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Banking Life is Hard.

So I work Banker's hours... don't have to be in until 9:00 am. Also I seem to get EVERY HOLIDAY KNOWN TO MANKIND OFF!!! That's right, with pay. It's freakin' awesome. I work even less than I normally do, and get paid the same. Know what I did on my day off today? I was in Jerseyville. Ran around the new hugenormous highschool being built in town (it's just starting to get the drywall up). Also Josh, Tim, Scott and I played a nice round of Urban Golf (here for explaination).

The Meeting with the boss went well. Not Fantabulous or anything, but definately not bad either. I'll give you information of that nature when it becomes something to speak of. Also... I had to have actual interaction with the hot girl on Friday. You see, my blue marker was dying and I needed a new one. She totally hooked me up. I even made sure to stop by an hour or so later just to tell her how awesome the new marker was and how pleased I was with her services.

Last thing I want to mention before lights out is this: Ro's Blog! Alright, so she's not actually updating it herself yet. But she's been REALLY busy. So I'm posting the emails I'd gotten from her up on her site so everyone can see, and I'm sure she'll check her comments so feel free. I'm going to post one a day until I get caught up (I've got like 3 more from her I can put up there) and after that I'll just post emails up as she sends them, or she'll just post on it herself. Either way, this is just another method of time wasting, brought to you by, Rob's Office Space.

Later all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holidays off are awesome! I (Rob's Mom) work at Jerseyville Police Department. The only time I get holidays off is if it falls on my regular schedule. But if I work the holiday I get my regular pay for 12 hours and then 1 and 1/2 times more pay so that is another 18 hours pay.... so I work 12 but get paid for 30 hours in one shift. That is awesome. Now if I am scheduled off on a holiday I get 12 hours comp time on the books which I can accumulate up to 156 hours. Then I can use comp time whenever, like taking the day to go to Springfield and see Rob! We work 12 hours shifts, in a two week period I work 7 days and I am off 7 days. Like 14 days a month is work and the rest, well days off. I am pretty happy with that. Being a 24/7 service like medical, law enforcement never sleeps nor do we take a holiday. We are always there to serve our community.
Mom F

Timmy Tapeworm said...

There are way too many numbers in that paragraph, Mom F. I made as far as Police, then I bailed because I saw trouble ahead.

Speaking of trouble, time to go make some on Ro's blog. Watch your back, Robbo.