Monday, June 27, 2005

I wish I still had that blue and red mat...

you know, the one from kindergarden you have for naptime? Just think if you could bust that out anywhere you want during the day when you get 15 minutes to kill. When I used to work at Ralcorp Holdings, I kept a pillow and found a mini space heater I'd curl up with on lunch hours. But anyways, I had a nice nap today. I had my first "Meeting" at Best Buy and let me tell you... these videos they make you sit through are PAINFUL. I don't know if it's worse than just some boring thing that every other company makes you watch or not. Best Buy videos are star people who are acting like Jim Carey and Jack Black and such and it's awlful. The pain comes from they lose whatever message they're trying to tell you in all the horribly overplayed up theatrics. I can't tell you what it was about today, other than the X-Men were in it, and The Sorting Hat was trying to sell Harry Potter a new PC for school.

Anyways after my Sunday Morning Meeting (in which we all had to come in uniform at 8am even though we'd all be gone before the store opened at 11am), I went to work at the fireworks factory. Had Best Buy not taken 3 hours this morning for our "Meeting" I would have been able to gone and helped set up for a fireworks display tonight, and learned all about everything. But NOOoooo... Because BB took so much of my time, I had to miss out to help out with preping fireworks for other shows.
Oh, and I'm sure I'll have some awesome BB customer stories for you in the near future. As much as it sounds like a standard computer-techy joke, I honestly had some 18 year old kid come into the store and more or less asked me which isle the internet was on. But the thing of it was, he wasn't asking me... he was TELLING me. He needed to buy wireless internet, he already had a router and modem and PCI card and cables and everything else he's heard someone say at one point or another. He wanted to buy the internet. He made my head hurt a little bit.

6 comments:

Rob said...

By the way, Ro updated her site.

Anonymous said...

All I can say it Awesome........... Don't you love retail??? Have fun with that... Love Mom F

The Melan'jack said...

Somtime during the three days I worked at Macaroni Grill after I graduated from college, we watched a safety procedures training video wherein a Texas redteck, whilst musing about why it is that "some people" (and in the dramatizations, "these people" were black men) choose to steal, he explained to us that "sometimes, they juss need anotha hitta crack."

Please note the quotation marks. This would indicate that this is Exactly what the man said.

Anonymous said...

Lets not talk bad about my X-Men heroes. Botherway, Rob and Rene` I officially turned 30 last week that means I'm catching up with you Rene` and a happy birthday to you too. I almost forgot that your birthday is around the same time as mines.

This is the 30s club

Tina, Jennifer, Kim, Corey and Greg and myself

Freemama

Anonymous said...

wow, that video sounded darn right awesome. i wish i could have seen it... hmm, ur 3 jobs are starting to clash? who would have thunk... and remember.. when working at best buy... people who will really need your help... are gonna be very very stupid. have fun. i hear selling things is a very interesting business.

kimberlyb1974 said...

I can't believe Melinda told everyone I was 30.

I'm so ashamed.

On the other hand, AWR needs to get a hold of some of those training tapes Wendyloo spoke of. I'd love to sit through a few hours of those and see if that guy she was describing is the same guy I dated in high school. YEEEEHAAAAWWW!!

~30, flirty and thriving