Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My Armpits are Chap-Free

You know you're working yourself too hard when you mistake chapstick for my deodorant. That's right, last night after my shower, after I pulled out my sofabed. I came within an inch of putting chapstick on as deodorant. I'm going to claim its because I'm working two jobs and am a busy man, but lets face it, I'm an idiot. All I could think was "Wow."

I had my first double workday yesterday, with my Best Buy orientation after my day at Bunn. There was 4 of us being trained and our trainer/manager was very good humored, so I think I'll be ok as far as management is concerned. But that most interesting thing was that I saw a once-fellow employee from Wells Fargo there. I actually didn't place him at first, he brought it up and I was like "Yeah! that's it. I knew I recognized you." According to him, WF let 80 people go. Actually cleared out an entire wing of the building. So that was awesome.

I work at BB this weekend (Fri & Sat) and actually looking forward to it. It's my job to walk around and talk to people. I don't make comission or anything, and I can stay on top of all the new gadgets. We'll see what I think about it in a month from now. Of course in a month from now my employee discount kicks in, so yeah, I guess in a month we'll see if I'm really making money there or not. Anyways, Breaks almost over so I'm going to get back to my good old unstable data entry job trend.

Have a great Tuesday!

~ The kid in the Cafeteria ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Either your tired or you just need glasses.

Freemama vs Mr.& Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

What a guy at being productive these days..... Good job Rob. I knew WF had problems if they let you walk away from them. It is their loss though.. I am so excited about the emplyee discount you get that your parents can also use.... A new range for the kitchen. Your Dad said "yea we can do that". So I consider it a done deal.. Eat right, get enough sleep and you will be fine doing both jobs. Love you Mom F

Scott said...

Posted at 10:33 AM, by the time I got home at 1:45 PM he was back at the casa making lunch. Apparently he ran out of things to do at Bunn. I keep telling him the key to staying in business is to work slower. But what can I do?

Also, I'd like to say that I'm hurt that you didn't share the chapstick story with me. I had to find out about it from the internet. How do you think that made me feel? Not good mister; not good. In other news that Hyperactive Safety Guy that you sarcastially said "I could watch anything with him in it? Yeah, there's weekly meetings and you WILL see that S.O.B. and everything he's in. So enjoy that.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

that was the most amusing story i've read all day. thats a great accomplishment. good job. don't completely overwork urself, thats not good for when u play ur computer games... its better than being unemployed completely, right?
-Anne