Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Sound of Slowpitch

Let's see, what have I been up to lately? Well, I donated blood at a blood bank. I've gone to the batting cages with Josh, Tim, Allyn and Scott. But most interestingly, I've been heckling things with Scott and Tim. I went to see Josh play in his Christian Slowpitch Softball League. We all had favorite players, like the guy wearing Chicago Bears Jersey with the sleeves ripped off - he was a bit confused as to which sport he was playing. Scott said he was merely demonstrating his second amendment rights. There was Mr. Cingular. He was just wearing a Cingular T-Shirt and he was tall and lanky like Tim, but he had a few good hits. Roid-rage has clearly leaked into the Christian Softball Circuit as well.

But none of these rivaled "Gary." I had said at the beginning, that I was really hoping to find the one ultra-competitive jerk on the Christian Softball League... and Gary was him. I was only sad that he didn't show his true colors until the very end of the match. Gary seemed to have no problem screaming at his own teammates for something that was hardly a big deal, and then proceed to screw up plays himself. It was when he yelled at Josh, he fully incurred the wrath of the peanut gallery. Gary became the new adjective:

"Man, that match got a bit gary at the end."
"Geeze, he really gary'ed that one."
We're gonna go back to Josh's future games for two reasons. One to support our friend again, but TWO, to see Gary. We're not sure if we're gonna be mean, or be REALLY REALLY nice to him. Probably gonna go with the nice route, 'cause it's got a bit more finesse. Everytime he messes something up, shout quite loudly:
"Its alright, you'll get it next time."
"Shake it off Gary, its ok."
Last night six of us saw a production of "The Sound of Music." We made a game of saying that all the nuns were Jedi, and the head nun was the wise old master. See, in this musical you can convince anyone of anything through song, so we just said that it was like the force. And the mean, snobby fiance was the Sith Lord. And when they refered to the Nazi soliders as "Storm Troopers" in the show, we all just about lost it. All in all, good experience however I want to go on record and say that catchy songs aside, The Sound of Music is a pretty poor musical. Anyways, that's all for now, I'll catch you later.

3 comments:

kimberlyb1974 said...

It took me three minutes to figure out that when you said "Roid-rage" you meant steroids not hemorrhoids. I was looking at your post thinking, (well, apparently not REALLY thinking), now how would he know if the players had hemorrhoids or not? And how do you act when you have roid-rage? Oh man, I gotta get more fresh air...

That bit about the "Sound of Music" sounds like it was fun. I bet it was almost as funny as when my husband and I sat out all night to see the first showing of Revenge of the Sith, and these two guys came dressed in full storm-trooper gear, and my husband calls out, "Hey look! STAR-troopers!" then a hush fell over the crowd and 150 people all turned at once to look at the big dummy. I almost fell over, I thought we were going to be pelted with those plastic light sabers all the uber-dorks were carrying...(I, of course, had left mine in the car.)

Keep us posted on the job hunt! And, try not to hurt Gary's feelings too much. He's still harboring hatred from his days on the Satanic Cult Bowling League.

~K

Scott said...

You left out Strongbad Von Trap and the replacing of Sound of Music froots with Homestar Runner characters. Classic! We really should revive MST3K, I feel without predjuice that we are the only people in existance today who could do it justice.

Anyway, I can't help but notice you left out Jake too. Welcome to the conspiarcy comrade.

- Scott

Jake said...

The problem, Scott, is that Rob doesn't even pretend to like me. I expect nothing from him!