Friday, November 05, 2004

Halloween may be over, but...

That doesn't mean there's not some creepiness going on here at American Water Resources. So we have the really crappy stampers that say:

For Deposit Only
American Water Resources
Acct. #4196694303
And we stamp the back of every check we get before delivering them to the bank. And before any of you get any crazy ideas about how to rip off the company, I typed the account number backwards to protect the company. So no funny business, alright? Anyways, our stampers are getting old and the ink is drying up in them. So I got the idea to get some little bottles of ink and pour them in the top - thinking that it'll rejuvenate the little guys. All they had was red ink, and the stampers were black before, but we figured it wouldn't matter.

Well here's the crazy part... It worked! Well kinda. There were no instructions, mainly 'cause I don't think these stampers are really refillable. And I apparently put too much ink it, 'cause now the stampers are bleeding red all over the place and out the seams. But the Crazy thing is, They are stamping better than ever... Bold, dark, black. Black like death itself. Rene looked up at me, and after shaking her head about the mess I made realized...

Rene: "But wait... That was red ink."
Rob: "Yeah..."
Rene: "So why is it still Black?"
Rob: "We don't ask questions like that, Rene. Questions are the Fruits of the Devil."

So there you have it folks. My stamper is possessed. Its the only logical explanation. The exorcism is scheduled for 2:30 today.

Oh yeah, and don't buy IAM's Brand dog food. Aparently (according to Peta) they torture animals. There was a picture of puppies lying in a row with chunks of thier legs cut out of them. It was a brilliant artistic work. Gotta love our customers.

The Topic for today: Your favorite lesser known website that everyone should visit. I'll go ahead and get Homestar Runner outta the way. My actual vote goes to Kingdom of Loathing. Its an free online role-playing game. All done with stick figures and 80's throwbacks. It mocks most popular RPG's and MMORPG's (and if you don't know what that is, congratulations - you're not an uber-dork like me). You gain health by drinking beer and have to fight things like "Undead Elbow Macaroni."

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend that everyone visits the reliably funny web cartoon Bonus stage (http://www.bonusstages.com/). DOOOO ITTTTT.

Also, the KoL is awesome, but I got pissed because of the rampant meat inflation. *shakes fist* So mayhap someday I'll return, and once again visit the Misspelt Cematary.

-- Jake

Anonymous said...

So, i really didnt go to those websites you suggested, but then i read some older blogs and i decided i wanted to check out slapthecandidate.com and i totally loved it and here i was sittin in front of my computer takin out all my frustration(I was slappin Bush of course) and then.. Ta Da.. i scored a 10!!! that definitely helped, rob.. thanks!
so i hope you dont think im a stalker.. the blog thing was on your AIM and im an impulsive away message checker (tee hee) so you know i clicked and then i was curious and i was bored and this looked interesting so yeah i totally read the whole thing..
thanks for entertainin me for 15 whole minutes (im a fast reader)..
so yeah .. keep in touch.. i hate you for never sayin hey!!!!
- - Nida... u need a last name to know who this is? ummm.. who knows, i might just be THE only nida u know.. whatever.. blah~!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks like the exorcism worked. The stamper now stamps red and I'm totally freaked. I'm sad to say I too know about RPG.

-QB

Anonymous said...

My reccommendation would have to go to www.fark.com and wwww.joecartoon.com. Fark is a collection of funny and interesting new stories collected throughout the day from all over this here intraweb thingy. There are also boobies, and everyone loves boobies, well, except bosses. Joe Cartoon is just a collection of funny ass flash cartoons. just check out Supah Fly. MWAHAHA.

Trevor
another trailer dweller