Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Hello and Welcome to Hell, May I take your order?

They've moved us. Again.
Apparently, since the released our temps, we have room for 4 of the 5 of us in the main building to come back in... Actually... here's the offical email:
Hello Everyone,
Pat wants everyone back in the trailer tomorrow. One person is going to have to stay over in the call center. I will let you decide, please start bringing everything over tonight.
Thanks.

What IS that? One of had to stay inside, all by themselves, so the rest of us could cram back into our inadaquate, smelly, giant fire hazard, petri-dish like double wide? Yay! At least they said thanks.

Aside from getting cool stuff from customers... yesterday we got some old guy's bank deposit, including social security check, for $8000. Apparently he figured that he could just put it in our evelope, addressed to us, and it would find the bank. But anyways, aside from that, some of our customers just have good names. And I keep a list:

Randy Bonecutter
Will Smith
Mallory Trueblood
Michael BATMAN
Michael Jackson
Johnny Goodman
Zelda Langford
Calvin Quattlebaum (Sounds like it should be on Harry Potter)
Mary French (My Grandma's name!)
George Lucas
John Lennon
So there you have it. Anyone else know anyone with a cool name. Or wish your name was cool. Or anything else you can comment about that has to do with names. Or anything totally unrelated to names - that's cool too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the beginning of my sister's freshman year, her biology teacher was Ms. Boner (yes, it was even spelled just like that), and she got married soon after the school year began. Her new last name was Mrs. Queer. The freshman had fun with that one!

Tabitha

Timmy Tapeworm said...

We get a lot of great names in the Admissions Office. One Saturday we had a girl coming for a visit: Diane Flash. Talk about your superhero name. But then we found another great one: Phil Thunder. We thought it would be great if they came on the same day and either became superfriends or supernemeses.

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I have really seen a lot of great names in my time, I don't really work in an area where I see people continuously. However, when I was in Junior High my best friends (both of which were guys, I lived in a really small small town, not much opportunity for quality friends there) and I were going through the phonebook and found a Sharon Peters. So being the mature 7th graders that we were, we called her up and my friend Matt asked who she was "Sharing" with. Funny huh?

Also, this summer a very good and dear friend of mine got married and became Mrs. Flammer. Tough break, but I love her and her husband dearly, great people, just sucky to have a last name like that. :)

Breyn

Rob said...

Just for the record: Since my grandfather is so keen on genelogy... I have a family tree traced way back. I have some "Bloodaxe" in me.

I was friends with a girl who was studing to be an elementary school teacher... Ms. Fear

P.S. Tim - would it be archnemisi? or something of the sort... Just a point to ponder.

Scott said...

There is a man named Drew. How could a first name like 'Drew' come together with something to become a hilarious name you ask? Well I would have never thought it was possible. Until I met: Drew Peacock. Say it quickly. You'll get it - Scott

Anonymous said...

I think my name is pretty cool only because I am named after the queen of Palmyra and cashews! But I look back at how much people made fun of me as a child....and it makes me sad, so I kinda just wish I was a Jennifer Smith. Eh, who am I kidding that name is whack. Zenobia will do.

Anonymous said...

Zin-
I was made fun of as a child too. I feel your pain. There is not a day in my life that I don't associate my name (and myself) with the whining voices of my kindergarten through 8th grade classmates singing the "Row Row Row Your Boat" song and the Cruella DeVille theme song. I understand being made fun of for a wierd (but awesome) name- people simply don't appreciate how unique we are!

~Ro

Anonymous said...

I had issues with my name when I was little too. Nowadays the name Brynn or Brianna or Brenna or whatever is fairly common, however in the early 80s my name was definately weird and it didn't help that my parents had to make it spelled weird. B...R...E...Y...N I never was really teased for it but being an extremely shy little girl didn't help when people made a big deal about not being able to pronounce it.
It was always assumed I was a boy cuz of the Y , people guessed it was pronounced BRIAN, very horrific for a shy little girl when they always call out your name as BRIAN and you have to correct them. I finally just started telling people that it was BREN like BRENDA only without the DA cuz otherwise I'd get strange looks when I tried to explain that it was in fact pronounced BREE-YIN, like I had snakes growing out of my head.

People can be morons. Use your creative side of the brain people, if you just sound it out it makes sense...hooked on phonics? Ever heard of it?? Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. :)

Breyn
(pronounced BREE-YIN)

Rob said...

Hey, when did this become I pitty party! I mean, Kids are Dicks. My last name is French. French Toast, Fries, Kiss, Do you speak?, etc. I got it all every recess too. I said COOL names. Now the one thing I will grant you, No one ever has problems spelling or pronouncing my name. Zenobia and Rowela are cool in a sense, but I was thinking more like... Drew Peakcock. now that was good!

(you know I love all 3 of you)

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, actually maybe to this day, there is a man in the Collinsville Phone book named Harry O'Weiner. Classic. Never pranked him, though.

Trevor