Friday, November 12, 2004

"That Chick Sounded Hot."

A quote by my at work neighbor, Tim, right after getting off the phone with a customer. The thing is... Every guy knows what's he's talking about. And probably even said it outloud at least at one point. But it made me laugh and therefore gets the Headline spot of today's post.

I'm going to use a moment to introduce you all to Tim. Well, not exactly, because the jerk just this moment left me to go to lunch. So the interview I was thinking about doing is now not possible. But I can still fill you in on who Tim is. My relationship with Tim is one of those great work relationships, where even though I would say that I "know" Tim, I don't know hardly any factual information about him. I know he has a girlfriend, don't know her name. I know he went to college and is currently looking for a job in law enforcement, but don't know what school he went to or even what town he currently lives in. And as far as "facts," that's about all I know. But Tim and I get along great, and most of this greatness is based upon a shared love for online flash games. AddictingGames.com, Miniclip.com, or eBaumsWorld for a few.

Some of our favorites were Crypt Raider (100 levels), Acno's Energizer and Aqua's Energizer. There are all, in essence, the same game with just different puzzles and we beat all 3. Pac Man was a biggie for a while from eBaums - I hold the high score of 80,680 (9/17/04). Tim played more Jumper (eBaums), and I really suck at that one. This was all before we went to the main building not that long ago. And apparently in my absence, Tim has been a lost soul. He has been doing nothing but playing PingPong (Miniclip) all the time. Its redonkulous. So yeah, that's Tim. And that's all the time I have for this post. Sorry if it sucked, but I'm out of time and gotta go. I'm heading north for the weekend for some "thing" Ro's making me go to, and I have to actually meet the dad tonight as "the boyfriend." That's always intense. Anyways, wish me luck. I'm gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am rob's work neighbor Tim and I agree that every guy can relate to my experience with the hot sounding customer. I have gotten to know Rob over the past few months mainly because Rob and I share a space in the trailor that is no more than about six feet wide. In this space we have our two computers and phones. Also, Rob and I do not have the fancy flat screen monitors that take up only a little space. Our monitors are the old school models and they take up about half of the of space that we have to ourselves. In the post rob makes it sound as if I left for lunch to avoid his interview. Truth is, here at American water resources we are on a strict schedule for lunch. If you stray from your schedule a mysterious email will pop up in your inbox asking you why you did not go to lunch in your scheduled time. Reading this post I realized that although I thought that I knew rob. I dont really know much about him factually either. Although I did learn that he knows how to break peoples kneecaps with just one kick, and he drives around with some sort of tae kwan doe weapon in the trunk of his car and I only know that because he was trying to find out if it was legal to have them. Anyway rob, good luck meeting "Dad" this weekend. I hope you dont have to break his kneecaps.
Robs work neighbor.

Anonymous said...

you shouldn't tell people to play those games, lol. i got hooked on them last year and none of my school work EVER got done.

Anonymous said...

About those eBaum's World games I did mastered the one game called Panda Golf that has over 100 levels its sounds very easy and in realty it is but, there are a few levels that are tricky and I was able to make it to the last level first beating Mr. Rob and Tim. I didn't know I could do it because they are the masters when it comes to those online games not me. I do have Mr. Rob to thank he is the one who introduce me to the game.

Freemama

Anonymous said...

No mention of the vast array of Dating Simulators?! Tsk. I love them so. What is more fun that seducing a perky Japanese schoolgirl by answering multiple choice questions about her personality? Oh, Japan, you have won over yet another young American's heart...le sigh.

-- Jake

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, none of here at AWR know much about Tim. I have a couple of theories. Me and Freemama think he looks alot like the Baldwin brothers of movie fame. So my guess is he doesn't have a lick of acting talent and had to change his name so as not to disgrace the family. His new last name does start with a B. He decided on that after being trained here by someone with the same last name (two of the letters are transposed). Nice move, Tim.
Theory #2, he's a real quiet guy, studied in law enforcement, name change...hmmm...I'm thinking serial killer. Twenty years from now after being a seasoned police officer, he'll finally get caught and most people will say, "I just didn't know anything about him, he was a real quiet, likeable guy". Just remember, you read it here first.