Tuesday, December 28, 2004

2004's Suck List

Alright I know this isn't VH1, but I wanted to do my own:
"List of Things That Suck 2004"
1. It appears I'm closing out the new year here at American Water Resources. I do want to make one correction. Before I had said that this place doesn't pay me enough to care about anything... that's only partly true. Do I want to make much more money? Of course, but what it really boils down to is, they don't respect their employees enough for me to care. But nonetheless, here I am, with a job but not a career. And without health insurance... *sigh*
2. Tsunamis. This list is in no particular order... actually, I'm gonna stop numbering it now. But Tsunamis suck hardcore. As of this post the death toll is 44,000 and I read that there's a whole town left unaccounted for that may be gone... another 25,000 there alone.
Paris Hilton. I hate her. I loved the South Park episode that made fun of her (entitled: "Stupid Dirty Whore.") What does she have going for her: everything. What talent or skill does she have? None to speak of. What has she ever contributed to society? She was a poster girl for the "Vote or Die" Campaign... so that's almost something. Wait, no. She never even REGISTERED to vote. When asked if she kept in touch with the family from the simple life, she rolled her eyes and said, "Please, I had to change my cell number."
War. War sucks hella bad. 1,325 American Soliders. Countless Iraqis. Most people agree the war was a mistake now, but that's neither here nor there. All I can do now is hope for the best from here on out. Stupid war.
He whom must not be named. 57 (plus) million American's know what I'm talking about. And in conjunction with that, the Democratic Party. For being able to screw up what should have been a blow out election... Seriously, "ANYONE" should have been able to win that election... anyone who is obviously not Kerry.
The Swan, Nick and Jessica, William Hung, Gas Prices, and Candy Corn.
Alright I think that about sums it all up. You all wanted earlier posts, I will try to comply. Hope you're happy. And congrats on the Friday 13th Trivia. It was a trick question, and I'm glad it was a random who fell for it. Although, I'm also glad I had another random hit up the website, so if you're still out there, don't take that the wrong way. Let's see, we haven't done a quote in a while... let's go back to a classic:
"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw (him) pass out at 31 flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 2004 started out sh**ty, literally. The sewer in my basement backed up twice in the month of January, starting New Year's weekend. Then we had to pay a lot out of pocket for cleanup and replacement even after insurance...sucks.

A bunch of sucky stuff in between, blah, blah, blah.

The year is ending with my still working a fake job...suck, suck, suck.

Can't wait for 2005...when you hit bottom there is no where to go but up.

-QB

Anonymous said...

Ferris Beuller's Day Off...piece of cake.

Rob said...

dammit, who the hell is answering questions without giving a name? You sir, are denied. So the first person to give me an answer AND a name... Wins.

Anonymous said...

Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

Trevor

had to steal it. But seriously, I'd still like to know how some 50 million plus can be so fucking retarded as to vote bush for a second term. a country full of masochists, apparently. But I have an idea. a population swap program. All of the "compassionate" conservatives, in their endless compassion, can all move to those countries devestated by the tsunamis, and help them to rebuild, while allowing those who have been made homeless by the disaster to live in their homes here in the states. As for the others, I can't really say I have any complaints about this place. It pays the bills. And where Paris Hilton is concerned, if she is not stopped, she will eventually destroy the world with the singularity that will form between her legs (singularity is a black hole, for those of you not scientifically inclined). I agree on all other points save one. Candy corn does not suck, has its quality diminished over time? yes? but not yet to the point of suckitude. Well, that should be enough fuel, now to stand back and watch the flames grow MWAHAHA

Trevor

Anonymous said...

Paris Hilton is a stupid silly whore (my cousin told me all about the Southpark episode she was in and I'm sad I missed it). I saw her book in the library and almost vomitted. And don't diss Nick and Jessica. Jessica's my idol. I hope to be as smart as her when I grow up.

~Ro

Anonymous said...

Sorry this post is late, I was home sick.

Things that didn't suck in 2004:

*My husband came home from Iraq
*My son got potty trained
*I got a new bedroom outfit for my room, got to paint my room orange (because hubby was in Iraq!)
*Bush got re-elected president

Things looking good for 2005:
*Hubby out of military entirely (unless they make him stay in, which is likely) in November of 2005
*Hubby getting raise
*Me getting promotion which entails a raise
*Son starting pre-school

Things that sucked in 2004:
*Hubby was in Iraq (but no member of his unit lost their life, and the only injury caused by combat was 1. The rest of the injuries were caused by men being stupid (one man broke his leg while playing football!))

That's all that sucked! Life was good this past year. Paris Hilton sucks, candy corn rocks...

Tabitha