Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ginormous Checks

We're talking Publisher's Clearing House size - That's what I want. This is a recent revelation I've had. I want to know where I can get my hands on some valid/legal big checks. Its best because I don't have any money. So it'd be me sending in my $14.99 magazine subscription payment on a check (that in all likeliness cost me more than $15 in itself). But somethings are simply worth it. I know if I recieved a Huge Check here at work... it'd make my month. Heck, it's probably all I'd blog about for a week. So 50 points to whomever finds me some legal, big checks.

The Link o' the Day is News of the Weird
I thank Tim (co-worker Tim not intestinal tract Tim) for that link. And it is pretty quality... here's a sample from today:
1997 -- Toby L. Sanders, 34, was charged with aggravated battery in Carmi, Ill., in January for chopping off the right middle finger of Lester E. Massey, 35. According to police, each man agreed to let the other chop off a finger, but apparently Sanders reneged after he saw how bad Massey's hand looked. (Police said alcohol was involved in the original agreement.)

About the Quote... Josh, shy of Googling, I don't have a guess. And the thing is, I've thought about it so much now, I don't know if it's actaully familar to me, or I've just tricked myself into thinking it is. So I assume that Josh's quote will stand until someone figures it out, or Josh decides to reveal it. I also assume that whomever guesses it will be given some sort of award of his making. However, until that time, I have a new quote for the day... and it keeps with my vampire theme of last time:
"One thing about livin’ in Santa Carla I never could stomach – All the damn vampires!"

Have fun! Later.

5 comments:

Scott said...

End of the movie, after the mom comes home and the final vampire battle takes place, gramps says it. The movie is, of course, (The?) Lost Boys. Excellent movie. Great choice Josh.

Rob, I found you your giant checks. If you're a good boy, maybe I'll send you some this Christmas. Anyway, you're getting a short reply because I am pretending to clean the basement. Someone's comming....gotta go. - Scott

Anonymous said...

Alright, Alright, I'll cave, but only a tad, Honestly I thought that I was being a little to obvious with everything in the first place.
The next quote, from the same movie, is also the tagline for the movie. Seriously, when you figure this out, check out the cast, did the 80's get better then this?
" Number 5 is Alive"

-josh

Rob said...

Geeze.... I knew it was familiar.
The question is, is the quote "Number 5" or "Johnny 5"
Great movie Josh.

Anonymous said...

"Johnny Five is alive!" I always pair Short Circuit with Batteries Not Included, another favorite 80s technology flick.

Those were the days...

Lisa

Rob said...

Man Lisa, there goes my quote for today... :)
It was gonna be:
"They're fixers, they like to fix things."
I guess great minds think a like.
Looks like I'll need a new one,
thanks a lot.