Thursday, December 09, 2004

For Every Winner...

For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

You know those little writeboards that kids have where you just push on the silver film with the wooden pencil and it writes, and then pull the film up to erase... yeah, I've got one. A "Business-Type" one, mounted on a little arm and everything. And I put Inspirational Quotes on it (a soon to be daily tradition). In case you haven't seen them - you can check out the De-Motivational posters at http://www.despair.com/

I want to say congrats to "Rachel" for winning the trivia question. It always interesting when a random wins the contest. So Rach, if you're reading this, you have full rights to post the next 80's movie trivia/quote for someone else to guess. But until then, a fairly easy quote:
You don't like it?
No I don't like it...
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say...

Today has been, yet another, painful day for me thanks to Taekwondo. Last night a guy and I smashed shins while sparring... and for some reason, my leg has decided that becoming one massive cramp was the best course of action. Seriously, it's as tight as a sorority girl's black booty pants... and unlike the pants, I am NOT a fan of what my leg is trying to pull here. I swear I'm not accident prone or anything, I'm just standing by the theory that when you're in a sport where you're kicking people, and something goes wrong, it's NEVER going to be just "a little" sore.

And now, something from the mail bag...
Today we got an informational brochure from "Aromalab Institute," a product called ErosStik. Not only does the brochure have nudity, but the tag line says "The first olfactory aphrodisiac--you smell it, you get a hard-on!" I'm sorry for the vulgarity of this post. But this is the kind of stuff we deal with at work. It boasts instant arousal in just one sniff. I can't make up stuff this good folks...

Anyways, that's what I got for today. I hope you got as much out of this as I did experiencing it.

5 comments:

Scott said...

The Blues Brothers, just when Akroyd gets Belushi out of prision. WInning this then posting more - Scott

Anonymous said...

OK, this has nothing to do with your post today, but I just had to share this interesting fact with the world.

Did you know that every year, over 5,000 people end up in the Emergency Room, due to Christmas Decorating Accidents? Hmmmm...

Hopefully most of them are the people who mix white lights and the multi-colored lights and think it looks good.

Food for thought, or so I thought.

Trailer Exile~

Scott said...

New post at my site. Come and see! http://gmoneydopefly.blogspot.com

Ok enough traffic stealing. I have some things to say, Tim's up first; Rob's on deck. Timmy, yeah I knew it was a 1%er when I wrote it. But when you're doing a one percenter you can't be thinking "who will get this" you have to know that the right people will get it. It's just a damn shame that Trevor hasn't seen that one, truly a classic. His BSoD worries are valid (Blue Screen of Death for those with lives), as are the worries of unemployment.

Rob, I love your committment to blogging. Your posts are as regular as my neighbor, and she takes Metamucil. Your condensed, digested "turds of wisdom" if you will have long been the highlight of a boring Writing/Econ/Professional Development class.

But damn, I wish we could move posts from one day to the next. Just when a dialogue starts up it's time for a new post. Like when you used to get in that really good groove at the end of the year in grade school. You know, right before summer when you know you're going to get out, but you've just gotten used to people and you feel like you could go a few more weeks. It's like that. Or like Elvis's death: too soon...just too soon. But transversely I enjoy the new posts. So I guess I'll just to have to take the good, I'll take the bad, I'll take them both and there I have The Facts of Rob.

Thank YOU Chuck Norris - Scott

P.S. The formatting on that post turned out all wrong, I can't fix it either because the blogger server is acting strange, and I mean like Anne Heche waiting for the spaceship, declaring she is God strange. So I can't change it right now. But promise to. So there.

Anonymous said...

Hey you
I thought I'd leave you some encouragement since as of late you've been a despondent emo kid because you haven't been getting many posts on your blog. I hope you're having fun in your new cubicle and I hope your injury is getting better. Be careful at TKD tonight!
And I really liked your comment that compared the tightness of your muscles to a sorority girls black ass pants... but as a sorority girl myself I am obligated to say that I DO NOT approve of the comment. That is simply degrading our whole greek system and all the work we have done to establish ourselves as a legitimate organization (Oh wait... I forgot, we're not really greek- so yeah, you can say whatever you want about dumb, fake 'n bake sorority girls).

Anonymous said...

I HAVE SEEN BLUES BROTHERS. But unfortunately I don't remember that part (where the quote came from) because I was donating plasma at the time and I shouldn't have becuase my underwieght body couldn't handle it... and my vein got pierced through... so I had a nice black bruise for a month. But I have seen the movie, and I feel special, so THERE!

~Ro